Dear international students,
Please let me inform you that in accordance with the instructions of the Ministry of Education of the Slovak Republic and the draft of the Detailed Instructions for the Provision of Education at STU in the Autumn Semester 2020/2021, the management of the Faculty of Civil Engineering prepares the organization of the Autumn Semester as follows:
- The teaching in the Autumn Semester will begin on September 21, 2020,
- For the first three weeks of the semester (from September 21, 2020, to October 9, 2020) the teaching for the 1st and 2nd level of study will be organized in the distance form (online), the form of teaching from the fourth week will be determined later, according to the current situation,
- All teaching activities, even if they are carried out online, will be organized in terms according to the valid schedule,
- The access of 1st and 2nd grade students to the faculty premises is not considered. Doctoral students and faculty staff have free access, observing all hygienic measures (wearing a face mask or face shield, hand disinfection, keeping clearances),
- The form of education of PhD students in the 1st year can be full-time or distance, according to the decision of the teacher in agreement with the guarantor of the study program (the form of teaching will be announced by the teacher via e-mail to PhD students),
- The teaching in Kočovce manor-house is in principle not interrupted. The decision, whether to implement it or not, is left upon the teacher and his agreement with the guarantor of the study program. However, the total number of students together with teachers must not exceed 50 people. The faculty will not provide transport to and from Kočovce for education activities in Kočovce manor-house,
- If the situation with COVID-19 does not allow you to come to Slovakia, you can study from your home country and attend virtual lectures. Please note that this will not be possible for some subjects or for seminars and labs.
General information about the study at STU in the Autumn Semester 2020/21 is available here.
The STU's student residences are at your disposal. However, due to the situation with COVID-19, you will be accommodated under the conditions that are specified in more detail on the web pages of the Department of International Relations of STU as follows:
- Dormitories in Bratislava (note: being on the web page scroll down to get to the English and Ukrainian links)
- Dormitories in Trnava (note: being on the web page scroll down to get to the English and Ukrainian links)
Please check regularly updates about the current situation with COVID-19 and follow the official regulations of your country and Slovakia’s entry restrictions.
Thank you for your comprehension.
Keep safe and stay well.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. techn. Ing. arch. Roman Rabenseifer,
Vice-Dean for Foreign Relations